Friday, October 17, 2008

Sunshine Cleaning

So this is the blog where I shamelessly plug a movie. Sunshine Cleaning. I remember a time when this movie was announced and I went bananas - Amy Adams AND Emily Blunt. Someone could have knocked me with a feather because I would've fell over. I love these actresses so much. They're so talented it's ridiculous. Amy Adams is so full of charm and grace. Since Junebug, I can't rave enough about her which is one of the greatest performances I may have ever seen and the most heartbreaking. Honestly, I walk around and try to just channel her. Emily Blunt you can't take your eyes off of her in a single scene. She might have stolen The Devil Wears Prada from Meryl Streep but she owns everything else she's in just as well.

Anyway, I love the premise of Sunshine Cleaning - two sisters start a cleaning business that cleans up dead bodies. It sounds as "indie' and "quirky" as it gets, but the drama stuff is in there too. You can't have a great movie these days without the great Alan Arkin either. I'm really just psyched about this film. Big Beach Productions has a great team of produces and they've put together some really great films over the past few years. I have a lot of respect for them.

I think this looks good. Really Really good. It premired at Sundance and sort of - disappeared for a while. I thought it was in distribution hell or worse - dead. To my surprise, this popped up the other day. I've watched this trailer no less than 15 times. I know every beat of it by heart and I still adore it. There's something about these actresses, something about this film's formula - I just know I'm already in love with this movie.

Enjoy.

1 comment:

Something Jenna-ish said...

looks really cute.
hope we can see that together.
right now i'm watching shitty reality tv as usual. but it helps my brain just veg out without the use of illegal substances.