Sunday, June 1, 2008

I had the same butt sand as Marilyn Monroe's butt sand.

Well I'm back from my long waited trip. It really makes me sad that it's over. I now sort of ran out of things to look forward to now. Don't get me wrong, my life isn't over but I just accomplished something and I'm at the end of the list for now. I didn't want to leave the city. I mean, I loved it. Now, granted, I still fear that it will chew me up and spit me out alive but there was a beauty and excitement to it. I loved the different parts of San Diego. Whether it was the beach where Billy Wilder filmed Some Like It Hot or Downtown area, it's an incredible city and I could understand why anyone would want to live there. LA is like an entire different ballpark. Like, I don't know why you wouldn't want to be anywhere else. I just had this smile on my face that never went away. The only reason I could get myself to leave was to tell myself that I have to go back. Like, I can't imagine not going back. I have the be in that city again. Julia was right, even the bums look happier there. When we flew away, all I could think of looking down at the city was how it looked like a city shining of gold.

I'm sure I'll be recapping it again and again for the rest of the summer, but I'll just leave you with that.

PS. The Marilyn Monroe Buttsand thing is when I was on the same beach as where they filmed Some Like It Hot, clearly, she got sand in her butt and I got sand in my butt - hence, the same butt sand as Marilyn Monroe's butt sand. My friends like to argue that with science, there's no way it would be the same sand. I argue that Marilyn Monroe defied science, so why can't her butt sand?

1 comment:

Something Jenna-ish said...

if you do have her buttsand you should bottle it and sell it on ebay.