Monday, May 19, 2008

Female seeking life. No Exp. Necessary

It's been a while. I've been home since Tuesday night and I've been very busy. Of course, it took me like 5 days to finish unpacking. It was Kristen's birthday this past week and we attempted to celebrate and have three parties for her so it was a busy party planning week. Friday, I'll be on a plane heading for California. I have so much to do before I head out west.

One thing I wanted to talk about is how amazing the internet has evolved. I mean, now I can't seem to live without it and I've been using it for years obviously. It seems my generation has gotten adapted to it but it's more than that. Five years ago, no one I knew had myspace. Three years ago, I had never heard of facebook. Blogging is now the cool new thing to do. I was reading an article in the newspaper today about how this one girl who graduated from College used facebook to get a job. What's one thing no one really thinks of is that employers actually do look at facebook and myspace as background check to see what kind of person you are. It's amazing how we have made the internet so personal. All of the most recent photos of me are on the web posted by other people. It's a frightening real thing. Many of the people I am friends with won't realize it for another year or so when they're looking for jobs how it really could affect them. And why shouldn't employers used it? I bet it tells you more things about a person than just checking if they had a felony. But it's scary. I know there aren't any pictures of me on there of being wasted but some of them could be misleading. I'm not too worried about it now but one day, I should definitely go through and delete any suspicious pictures of me.

I never knew what craigslist was until recently. Before I took my one final, these two girls were talking about how they found a job on craigslist. I had vaguely known what it was before. But actually, that's how my roommates and I found our house. Is there anything more shady than craigslist? Apparently, my generation has become the generation of the black market. Nothing will be done in newspaper or professional printing anymore. Our news come from bloggers like myself, classifies from creepy people with their own objective and any information you want on a person from facebook. What will the internet bring in the next 5 years? Who knows.

1 comment:

Something Jenna-ish said...

I READ THAT article today. Sometimes I do read the paper. You go delete those crazed pictures of you. Oh and don't forget to google yourself.