Saturday, May 10, 2008

I Kissed a Girl and Liked It!

So I go through phases of music. One day, there's nothing I ever feel like listening to. The next day, I'm discovering 20 new songs I absolutely love to put in a playlist. I figure I'd list a few songs that I can't get enough of:

1. Coldplay "Viva La Vida" - Coldplay is one of my favorite bands and they've linked two new songs before their new album is coming out. Violet Hill was the first and I thought that was good, but Viva La Vida is godly.

2. Robyn "Be Mine" acoustic - Robyn is a swedish artist who came out with a song like 10years ago called "Show me Love". Well she's back with some crazy techno stuff. It's all kickass - but the acoustic cover of Be Mine is one of the most heartbreaking songs I've ever heard.

3. Robyn "Handle Me" This is an example of her kickass techno

4. Katy Perry "Your so gay and you don't even like boys" I love fun music and Katy Perry has the most fun songs I've heard in a long time

5. Katy Perry "I Kissed a Girl (and liked it)" This is another fun one. It's not nearly as funny as "Your so gay" but maybe it's just my sense of humor. The beat is off the hook.

6. Kylie Minogue "All I see" - Okay, I've been listening to some of the songs off of Kylie's new album and this is the album that Madonna (or Madge as they call her in England) should have made! I've pretty much loved all the songs but this is easily the standout. It's so hot. I just wanna dance to it in the club right now!

7. Boyce Avenue "Change Your Mind" - Back to my acoustic rock roots. I mean, I through phrases of whatever and mostly, I like mellow stuff. This guy's voice is like magic.

8. Kate Voegle "It's Only Life" - It's pop and I like it.

9. MIA "Paper Planes" - Yeah this is the hottest rap song I've heard in a long time

10. Leona Lewis "Bleeding Love" - Who doesn't love this song?

1 comment:

Something Jenna-ish said...

actually I don't like bleeding love, but I'll take a hit at your MIA jaunt since it's the only thing close to gangsta on your list.k just listening to it now, and i dont know yet.
you gotta get at some old schoolers that i been hitting recently. try out curtis mayfield "still within your heart" and some blossom dearie which mike got me on. you also gotta listen to "baby it's you" really old by the shirelles. it's friggin niiice. im still all about mariahs new disc too. it's got it.
k i've also been listening to polyphonic spree, tim deLaughter, and gorillaz.
if you want some really great rap bump rhymefest or talib kweli, and if you want some shoot em up shit tap into plies "I kno U workin"