Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Dear Mr(s). President...

I'm a democrat. I thought about for a long time whether or not I wanted to support either Clinton or Obama. I watched dozens of the debates and read the newspaper everyday at one point to catch a glimpse of my future president. Now, I'm rather ashamed to even have put so much hope into this election.

After several months of paying attention I decided on Hillary Clinton. Don't get me wrong, just because I like her doesn't mean I do not like Barack Obama. I most certainly do. I would very happy with either as my president and would support one of the two no matter what. In the last two months the election hasn't been the same on either side. It's really sad. Clinton has turned to negative campaigning because she is trailing from behind. Obama has turned his campaign into rockstar-dome. It's really just become cool to support him and bash Hillary even though at one point, their views weren't far from one another.

People are saying I've had enough of Hillary. Well I feel the same for Obama. It's really been shoved down my throat that he's the CHANGE and the HOPE of America's future. I miss the days when I read about our politicans views and opinions. I haven't heard one word out of either one of them on what they're going to do. Just that they should become President because they're more experienced or because they don't take money from lobbyist. That's all neither here nor there when it comes down to it.

There's a fantastic article in the NY Times I read on the subject. I couldn't agree more:

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/04/23/opinion/23wed1.html?ex=1366603200&en=25460e9924d12741&ei=5124&partner=permalink&exprod=permalink

1 comment:

Something Jenna-ish said...

i'm glad you'd be happy with either hillary or obama. go democrats.