Monday, April 21, 2008

Go Shorty, it's your birthday...

Today is my Birthday! I turn 20 and I feel like an oldhead. No more being a teenager and getting away with stuff. Now I have to pretend to get away with stuff. Who knows what the future will bring, but I know it will bring me to California because in a month I'll be out west which is a fantastic present if I do say so myself.

I've been really busy lately. Last week I spent a lot of time editing my film project with my partner which I'm really proud of. Friday, I went home for the first time in a while and it felt really great. Jenna and Kristen threw me a little bash and it was a lot of fun just hanging out and laughing. It makes me just really look forward to summer so much. Saturday I got to hang out with my family which doesn't happen a lot. I pretty much saw my whole family as well. I got a lot of fantastic gifts. More books than I'm ever gonna have time to read and a few great movies too. My mom got me a Coach bag, so my vanity rate just went up a point.

Sunday, I went to NYC and hung around there. I saw the musical In The Heights and it was quite good if I do say so myself. I saw the girl who played the main character after the show and told her she was just wonderful :) I'd love to go back to NYC really soon and see another show. I forgot how much fun it can be just walking around the city. Philadelphia doesn't have the same excitement. Maybe because I'm a tourist, but I've been to NYC dozens of times before and my eyes still light up when I see that skyline. I still get a thrill out of standing in the middle of time square. I wonder if I lived there, I'd feel that way every morning.

When Kristen and Jenna asked me what I wanted for my birthday, I told them one of them was with Mario Lopez and I actually did (sorta) spend my birthday with him as much as I could.

I was in the Mariott Hotel and I have to say it's one of the most beautiful buildings I've ever been in. It's just amazing. I mean, the structure inside was incredible. I wanna live in it. Next year I wanna hit the rooftop bar.

1 comment:

Something Jenna-ish said...

you're groovin to the gangster mix aren't you?