Wednesday, July 16, 2008

I Believe in Harvey Dent

So I check my regular movie news updates this morning and I'm just overwhelmed with some damn good news.

First of all, Quentin Tarantino's project Inglorious Bastards is getting off the ground. The guy has only been writing it for years way back even before Kill Bill. I'm obviously super excited for him but the casting rumors are even better - Brad Pitt & Leonardo DiCaprio. I mean the guy is really trying to get the biggest actors he can. I'd just love to see Pitt in a QT film. That would be totally awesome. I want to see where he fits in with his world. I did some digging after reading a review of the script that finally made its rounds to some production heads and found a copy of it. I refuse to read it though. It's super tempting and I have it saved but I want to be suprised. Still. I can't help but think who'd they play.

The new news that made me jump out of my seat and yell like a little girl was Steven Spielberg is teaming up with Diablo Cody (AGAIN). There's no word what the project is, but she's already penned a pilot for him The United States of Tara. Diablo's my girl so I'm just excited for her. I can't wait to see what they two dreamed up together.

I was a bit worried when I found out that my favorite comedy - The Office right now was getting a spinoff for next year. I love The Office. Steve Carrell is the best. Just when I thought the show was starting to go downhill just a bit, they brought the refreshing Amy Ryan (Gone Baby Gone) on who is a tremendous actress. I mean, does that girl have range or what? The finale was easily one of the best season finales I've ever seen and best episodes of the show. So, they're doing a "spinoff" which is suppose to not even be a spinoff but an extensions. Anyway, the very good Aziz Ansari signed on earlier this summer but now we have Amy Poehler - who never fails to bring a smile to my face. I can't wait. It's already funny!

Good news as well - I got Dark Knight midnight screening tickets. That should be super awesome. The theater already has 3 showings sold out and the 4th one is filling up fast. The paper did an article about how big this is going to be. It also doesn't hurt that the reviews so far as only called it nothing short of a masterpiece. I can't wait for Thursday! Of course, I won't get home until 3 and I gotta be up at 6 so I can be in Philly by 8:30. Then I work, but it will be well worth the lack of sleep!

1 comment:

Something Jenna-ish said...

I'm really happy about how excited you are. I'm sure Dark Knight was great and I reallly want to see it soon. So maybe you'll be up for seeing it again with me. good luck today with your hectic day. <3